Music Research Guide
Introduction to Music Research Guide
You are currently in the module on the "Music Research Guide" in a larger tutorial. Each research tutorial includes modules of topics related to the overall tutorial learning objectives. Please go through all the pages in this module by clicking on the “Next” button on the bottom of the page in order to progress. If you would like to track your progress, be sure to log in with your UNCG credentials at the top right of the module. Each module includes Quick Checks on every page. These Quick Checks do not produce a certificate; they are optional and do not track your progress. Certificates are created by completing a whole tutorial, so be sure to complete all the modules within a tutorial in order to generate a certificate. You can also take a screenshot of your progress page.
UNCG Libraries Research Tutorials Help
Time needed to complete this module: 15 minutes
This tutorial will introduce you to the UNCG Libraries Research Guide for Music, created by the staff of UNCG’s Harold Schiffman Music Library (the HSML). The Music Research Guide is an online tool that you can use to:
- Get help from the HSML staff, and
- Find resources to support your research in music.
By the time you finish this Tutorial, you should be able to:
- Know how to contact the HSML staff for help,
- Know where to find the Music Research Guide,
- Understand and use the different types of resources used in music research that are available at UNCG, and
- Understand how to find resources to help you correctly cite those resources in your paper or assignment.